Individual Tax Returns
Personal income or individual tax returns are required by every individual who earns more than the tax free threshold within the financial year. In some circumstances, you may need to also lodge a tax return where your income is below the tax free threshold. If you’re not sure about your tax obligations please contact us and we would be more than happy to help you with your personal income tax return inquiry.
For your convenience we offer a number of ways to get in touch with us to complete your income tax return for the financial year in question. We can prepare it for you over the phone, by email or a face-to-face meeting.
Contact Us For Income Tax Returns
Individual Tax Returns This Financial Year
# 2021 Income Tax Returns.
# 2021 Tax Return for Individuals.
# Tax Return Australia.
# Claim Your Tax back.
# Tax Return Preparation Experts/professionals.
# Your Tax return with us is Convenient & Hassle Free.
# Maximum Legal Tax Return refund.
# We will maximise your work related expenses, legally. Achieving the best possible outcome.
Talk to us today to see how we can help you maximise your tax deductions legally, and in turn any tax refunds.
Income Tax Refund
Individual Tax Returns
Income Tax 2021
Tax Accountant Services for Individuals and Income Earners
Book an appointment today!
Book for a free slot in our calendar.
Have a question? Get in touch with us!
Common Types Of Income
The taxability of some forms of income may seem obvious, but in keeping with our objective of being thorough, here is a list of common types of income that must be declared on your tax return.
- Employment income (including any JobKeeper payments).
- Super pensions, annuities and government payments.
- Investment income (including interest, dividends, rent and capital gains).
- Business, partnership and trust income.
- Foreign income.
- Income from crowdfunding (for example donations received for a venture in which you intend to make a profit).
- Income from the sharing economy (for example Airtasker, Uber or Airbnb).
- Other income, including compensation and insurance payments, discounted shares under employee share schemes, some prizes and awards.
- JobSeeker or other relevant welfare payments.
Check with us if you are unsure about any of these payments.
Work related Deductions
When completing your tax return, you’re entitled to claim deductions for some expenses, most of which should be directly related to earning your income (called “work-related expenses”). Naturally, a deduction reduces your taxable income, and means you pay less tax.
To claim a deduction for work-related expenses:
- you must have spent the money yourself and not been reimbursed,
- it must be directly related to earning your assessable income,
- you should have a record to substantiate your claim.
When your expenses meet these criteria, here’s a list of the things you may be able to claim.
- Vehicle and travel expenses.
- Clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning expenses.
- Gifts and donations.
- Home office expenses.
- Interest, dividend and other investment income deductions.
- Self-education expenses.
- Tools, equipment and other equipment.
- Other deductions: Other items you can claim include union fees, the cost of managing your tax affairs, income protection insurance (but not if it’s through your super fund), overtime meals, personal super contributions (that is, after tax) and other expenses incurred in the course of earning an income.
Of course, check with this office for more ideas. Sometimes one’s circumstances will define what can and generally cannot be claimed as a deduction, so even if some of the above seem to fit your situation, it may pay to check with us first.
Are you located in these areas? Please call for an appointment today.
Individual & Income Tax Returns
Income Tax Return Accountants
Here at WDS Business Group we excel in assisting individuals with the preparation of their personal income tax returns. We will work to maximise your income tax refund with our expert knowledge in taxation for individual income earners.
Get in touch with us to lodge your individual income tax return.
Book a consultation
From your first consultation with us, you can expect a friendly and professional two-way communication.
No matter where you are located in Australia, we can help you with all your accounting and taxation services.